Knitting Patterns by Lyndell

Halter Neck Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Design your own Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Gum-Nut Hat for Neo Blythes - here

Who? What? eh?

This is the blog of a constant crafter - a 'showcase' for some of the things I make, some hints for crafting & recylcing - lots of photos and some words. I hope it will inspire.
Please Note: all photos are Copyright.



Monday 10 August 2009

Cooking up some Colour

Dyeing can be fantastic fun when all goes well and the colour is just as you had planned; it can be a disaster when the colour ends up all wrong! However, as I get more experienced I'm having fewer disasters :-)

This weekend I had the dye-pot on the stove again and everything turned out really well. This is a spot-dye, the yarn is Bendigo Woolen Mill's 4ply wool - when knitted up this sort of yarn looks very pretty, like spring blossom.Then I dyed some roving - Bendigo's Readyspin and some Border Leicester - in shades of grass green and gold/yellow (showing quite washed out in the photo, sorry!)



The green and gold will be part of a spinning experiment ... all rather exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment