Knitting Patterns by Lyndell

Halter Neck Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Design your own Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Gum-Nut Hat for Neo Blythes - here

Who? What? eh?

This is the blog of a constant crafter - a 'showcase' for some of the things I make, some hints for crafting & recylcing - lots of photos and some words. I hope it will inspire.
Please Note: all photos are Copyright.



Thursday 21 January 2010

Spinning with Manly Colours

No I don't follow the Sea Eagles - or any other form of Rugby actually - that's manly as in masculine. Because there are lots of hand-spun yarns in pretty feminine colours but very little in colours suitable for a bloke.

In the Christmas / New Year break (it seems so long ago now) I got out my lovely Majacraft Pioneer wheel and made...

charcoal with green about 65:35, plied and set
and
more charcoal about 80% with a little green and a very little yellow, plied and set.

Both are about 10ply (worsted weight). It was all Bendigo Woollen Mills sliver (it is not listed on their web site!) the charcoal is their colour, I dyed the green & yellow.

No comments:

Post a Comment