Knitting Patterns by Lyndell

Halter Neck Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Design your own Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Gum-Nut Hat for Neo Blythes - here

Who? What? eh?

This is the blog of a constant crafter - a 'showcase' for some of the things I make, some hints for crafting & recylcing - lots of photos and some words. I hope it will inspire.
Please Note: all photos are Copyright.



Sunday 18 July 2010

Knitting for my Grandduaghter

Finally - Finally - finished ... the vintage style dress. This languished all neglected for a while but I finally bought some buttons (with shiny pearl finish) and dealt with the dilemmas caused by the collar. Thankfully I had knit it rather too large and so it will still fit my little granddaughter, she's 19 mths old now.

I think it'll look even prettier on her :-) it is a combination of 3 very vintage patterns (I think the earliest was from the 1930s) and I dyed the yarn myself - and ran out so I had to dye up some more the same !!! (see my post from March).

Here is a close up of the front bodice & collar


and the back with those buttons (from All Buttons Great & Small in Newtown)











I'm so pleased with how pretty this dress has turned out :-) here's another picture, this time of the skirt with its graduated waves ...

I'm also making a twin-set for my sweet little granddaughter - also vintage inspired but not quite a classic, conservative Twin-Set. The styling will be totally classic; all in 4ply (sock yarn) the jumper with short sleeves, in a lace stitch and with buttons at the back neck - the cardigan with a medium buttoning V neck, mostly stocking stitch with panels of the same lace stitch as the jumper. Very Classic - Very 1950s.

However, the colour is not classic & conservative at all ...
I kettle dyed that yarn too - both the mad, psychadelic purples and the aqua for the dress are Bendigo Woollen Mills "Luxury" 4 ply - originally "Frost" which is white. I dip dyed the purples twice - the first time most of the colours were really quite pallid, so I mixed up more colour and dipped again. Much Stronger Colours!

Well granddaughter looks lovey in all shades of purple and mauve so why shouldn't she have them all at once!

Finished the jumper this morning - here is it in all its eye-popping, digital camera confusing glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment