Knitting Patterns by Lyndell

Halter Neck Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Design your own Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Gum-Nut Hat for Neo Blythes - here

Who? What? eh?

This is the blog of a constant crafter - a 'showcase' for some of the things I make, some hints for crafting & recylcing - lots of photos and some words. I hope it will inspire.
Please Note: all photos are Copyright.



Thursday 19 February 2009

Fedora for Dora?

Am doing the Cert 4 Millinery course at TAFE this year and the first 'exercise' was to make a pattern for a fabric Fedora. The streets are awash with fabric Fedoras at the moment but I decided to sew my pattern up in good fabric and I'll be selling it on my Etsy shop.

I'm rather chuffed with it - got a nice shape to the crown complete with those dimples in the front (stitched in place with sneaky stitches inside). Here is a pic of one of the final processes - hand stitching the inside head-band in place - traditional gros-grain ribbon moulded by hand for a good snug fit on the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment