Knitting Patterns by Lyndell

Halter Neck Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Design your own Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Gum-Nut Hat for Neo Blythes - here

Who? What? eh?

This is the blog of a constant crafter - a 'showcase' for some of the things I make, some hints for crafting & recylcing - lots of photos and some words. I hope it will inspire.
Please Note: all photos are Copyright.



Thursday 30 September 2010

Knitting Knews brought to you by the letter K

A progress report on 2 large on-going projects.

The 'Sampler Shawl' from the wonderful book 'A Gathering of Lace' is progressing quite slowly as I've got so many other things 'on the boil' at the same time but I'm loving the way it looks.
Traditional lace shawls can look really pretty, pristine and well ... prissy. This is not prissy - it is slightly rustic and earthy. It's the yarns, I'm using 2 held together - Kaalund's lovely sheeny blue/grey silk Enchante & Dairing aka Habu's silk thread with Fern Fibre (AK20). The fern fibre has fluffy nubbly bits of tan brown which is adding that touch of earthyness.

I'm also knitting toys again for the ongoing Alphabet Project ... and K = Kangaroo


A vintage pattern which I knitted up back in the 80s for my daughter - unfortunately the moths ate holes in that roo ... this time I made a few very minor changes but this is still a fiddly pattern which relies on careful sewing-up to refine the shape.
This is it pre-sewing ...




It is a clever pattern though - the roo stands up well and she has a pouch :-) I've added a security chain so the Joey can't get lost. I could blame the mummy roo and call her a helicopter parent but really it's because I don't want to have to knit another Joey - he is a fiddly little thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment