Knitting Patterns by Lyndell

Halter Neck Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Design your own Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Gum-Nut Hat for Neo Blythes - here

Who? What? eh?

This is the blog of a constant crafter - a 'showcase' for some of the things I make, some hints for crafting & recylcing - lots of photos and some words. I hope it will inspire.
Please Note: all photos are Copyright.



Friday 27 November 2009

Purple-icious

I do like The Colour Purple - in all her many shades and variations. There are so many gorgeous purples in nature - from the soft tints of lavender, there's wonderful wisteria (and that mauve contrasts so beautifully with the fresh green of the new leaves), the amazing glow of jacaranda trees in bloom, through to the darker purples of irises and the regal purple of aubergines.

And here are most of those purples - all together on some hand-painted yarn

I handpainted / dyed 2x 200g of Bendigo Woolen Mills "Luxury" 4ply, originally "Cream". I had such a lovely time with all those purples, but I'm not sure how it'll look knitted up (planning a twin-set for my granddaughter) as sometimes a hand-painted yarn with short lengths of colour can look really messy when knitted. But, if I don't like it I can always pop it back in some more dye :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment