Knitting Patterns by Lyndell

Halter Neck Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Design your own Dress for Neo Blythes - here
Gum-Nut Hat for Neo Blythes - here

Who? What? eh?

This is the blog of a constant crafter - a 'showcase' for some of the things I make, some hints for crafting & recylcing - lots of photos and some words. I hope it will inspire.
Please Note: all photos are Copyright.



Sunday 10 May 2009

Tatting, Scanties. Spinning and drying the Sky

Pumpkin Hour on Sunday night means that it must be time to Blog about all the things I've been making. Also, I'm on a wireless connection - which means that late on a Sunday night is about the only time I can get good download time. So here goes.

The big news is that I have my very own spinning wheel - bought myself a Majacraft Pioneer from Virginia Wool Farm on Saturday, I'm calling the wheel Kevin because his purchase is thanks to Uncle Kev's stimulus package. The Pioneer is a lovely wheel to use - very smooth and easy with the double tredle and everything is central so no kinks in the spine :-) I've been spinning lots more of the red yarn as used for that wire-frame hat ... will be making a jumper or dress to match. Have also decided to spin some yarn as a gift for my mother - she knits too - so - my 1st attempt at dyeing roving. And it worked without turning into felt ! Here it is laid out to dry ... I think it looks like the sky - so here is some sky getting dry "Nothing but Blue Skies from now on ..."



In other news - I've been making little corsages in tatting and have listed 2 in my Etsy shop, this is the larger one, pinned on my favourite vintage jacket (which is NOT for sale). I've also listed a pair of silk scanties - ooo naughty? well, not really - they are so not scanty at all. I hate to think just how many pairs of modern things I could have sewn from the fabric it took to make this one pair of (not)scanties. Used a vintage (1940s) pattern, petal pink silk and a vintage motif that I've had in stash for at least 20yrs waiting for the perfect project - and it is perfect for the yoke of these "scanties".

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty pattern for "scanties" (not sure what they are, but I guess the pattern pic gives an idea). The satin pink roses are very pretty.

    Have fun tatting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tatting Chic - the scanties are a bit of a mystery to me too and I sewed them! I guess they are French Knickers only longer in the legs and not cut on the bias. Actally, they remind me of those skirt/short hybrids worn as outer wear in the 90s - we called those skorts!!!

    ReplyDelete